New York, New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 1st 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

there she is...there she is...there she is...

The Statue of Liberty!
Yay for Metrocards! Had brekky for less than $2 and made our way to Time Square. Shopped around then booked a 4hr tour of the city. Got roped in by a lady from the Church of Scientology and had to sneak away from her!

Did the looped tours of of Downtown and Brooklyn and ate hotdogs on the pier while watching a contortionist! Got off the bus at the UN but were too poor for the tour so we toured the gift shop instead (after a mass of security checks of course!)

Back at the hostel we had a quick dinner and jumped back on the bus for the night loop with a tour guide that looked like that dude from Bend it Like Beckham! Took some photos of Time Square at night and went back to bed!

The next day we saw Harlem on our bus ticket and lingered a while at central park. Went to the Guggenheim (wow) and walked through. Broadway was far too expensive for us but we walked up and down and imagined! Got some cheesecake from "Juniors" and visited the Sea, Air and Space Museum.

Took a 3hr cruise around Manhattan
i forget which bridge...i forget which bridge...i forget which bridge...

... we crossed a lot of them...
Island with a very funny guide and got some great photos before heading up the Empire State Building to check out the view at night.

It was a jam-packed day, but incredible!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

What a view!What a view!
What a view!

(I mean the lights, not the hot and sweaty picture of me!)


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.1kb