Atlanta to New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 26th 2006
Published: September 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

As we approached New York under clear blue skies on our flight from Atlanta we had an unbelievable introduction to the city with perfect views from the aircraft of the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park and the rest of Manhattan. Unfortunately no photos as the seat belt sign was already on with my camera in the overhead locker.

An exciting journey to our hotel by bus and subway then followed which involved lugging our suitcases up and down many steps. However we had plenty of help from the locals with the luggage and giving us directions. The accommodation is a bit basic but the position seems good.

We had arrived early afternoon before check in time so made our pilgrimage to Ground Zero. It really is surprising what a large area was affected. There are several moving memorials, both temporary and permanent to those who died on 9/11.

The evening was spent enjoying the food in one of the many fine restaurants in Little Italy, which is in easy walking distance from where we are staying.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb