The blind group


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 30th 2013
Published: December 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

What a nice reunion with Traveleyes group members. Our first task this morning was a tour of New York, into Central Park and to a market that was crowded, but so interesting. Would have liked to look a bit better at that one. On we go looking at sites, one was interesting: a sculpture of tree-like thing, like the trees were humans dancing around a tree.

We took the ferry over to Staten Island, having a blind partner -he wanted me to take photos for him and so wanting to take photos for myself as well I had two cameras to manipulate.

After Staten Island we wanted to have some lunch and now to the subway to reach the Empire State. A bit of a dilemma, not knowing the system we took the express train and that one did not stop where we needed to go out. A nice man on board told us how to solve that problem and we followed his advise.

Having a blind person by your side you may get a special treatment to go ahead of the lines, and believe me there were lines of people. We were six of us, three blind and three escorts.

Before going to dinner the whole group gathered outside our room, my better half and myself had bought some Icelandic schnapps to share with the group. Just a little surprise.

Dinner we had in a lovely but crowded restaurant, Heartland Brewery. Good food and beer. Early to bed since we have an exciting day tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb