Bike rides and Brightman.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 21st 2013
Published: September 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We slept in a little bit this morning because we were planning a good long bike ride through Central Park and needed our energy, but we also needed food. I was craving something asian (broad-I know) so we stopped at this little Japanese place called Sappuro. I had delicious vegetable ramen and had a total foodgasm.. ahh! Jk...but kinda. The bike rental store was waiting with our bikes, but was a little ways outside of the park, so we had to brave the NY traffic for a couple blocks. A little scurry! There is really only one way you can go around the park by bike, but we would get off and walk them down to the ponds or events that were going on. We happened to be there during Oktoberfest so there were lots of people walking around in full traditional German garb. My mom and I had walked through Central Park when we were here a couple years ago, but apparently only scratched the surface, because I saw so many gorgeous sites on our ride! The ponds are sweet little oasis' of green and nature in the concrete jungle. Oh, and “The Great Hill” near the north west side of the park is great, alright. Greatly strenuous! Holy smokes I was sweating trying to keep up with the regulars. We earned ourselves a popsicle and sat on a cute little bench while we ate. In total it was about a 2hr ride. Next came a must for any New York trip... SHOPPING. We hit a little store called Strawberry, Loft, and one more that I can't remember the name of. Needless to say, I picked up some pretty sweet oxblood rockstar pants. YOLO!





After we rested our tootsies for a bit, it was Sarah Brightman time! The reason we came on this trip in the first place was to see her in concert at Radio City Music Hall. Her show was incredible! The lights and the screen and her angelic voice made for a magical night. We figured that there would be plenty of places still open to eat in Times Square, but there was nothing! Isn't it the city that never sleeps? Luckily there was a little tapas place on the bottom floor of our POD that had a great vibe. Spicy cilantro guac, cheese empanadas, and it was off to bed for us.





Tomorrow we head to Massachusetts!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb