New York Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 18th 2013
Published: July 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So we have survived the journey and day 1 in New York City (NYC). The weather is weather has been lovely and hot, a little too hot for walking around all day but we are all surviving. We have all adjusted to the jet lag bar Dad who is waking around 3:30am the fool! Yesterday we started by going up the Rockefeller Center to the 70th floor where you get fantastic views of the Manhattan skyline. We then moved downtown into the financial district where we took the obligatory pictures of Wall Street and the NYSE before visiting the American Museum of Finance and the Fraunces Tavern Museum which tells of how the couragous Yanks defeated the British (not something I particularly enjoyed!) We then took a boat tour via the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island before returning to the hotel for a swim in the rooftop pool with fantastic views over Central Park, where I'm currently sitting writing this over breakfast.I Will endeavour to upload some photos next time I'm on my laptop. Hope everyone well back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb