Day 7 - New York (Day # 2)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 21st 2012
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Late start after a late night and we missed breaky. Kerry & I went down to corner of 3rd Avenue & 48th Stretet to get some BLT for breaky but were shocked to find our laundry bag was still in the lobby. It was supposed to be picked up between 6-10am. They had forgotten us ! Now we will have to do laundry on the cruise.

We got organised then wandered down to Times Square where Luke got to go to NBA store and get his Miami Heat NBA Finals T-Shirt (will they win the NBA Championship tonight ?). A beautiful sunny day but warming up. Elise got a Cap and a Shirt and I bought a NY licence plate for the Bali Hut display.

We then had lunch at a Deli on 5th Avenue and headed to Rockefeller Centre. First we went to the NBC TV station shop where they sell stuff for shows like Seinfeld, Friends and The Voice then went to the Obervation Deck known as "Top Of The Rock". Up on level 67 with great 360 degree views.

We then decided to go on the City Sights Hop On Hop Off Bus uptown / harlem loop which was good. We got to see the nice buikdings around Central Park West. It's hard to imagine how unsafe the Harlem area used to be in the 70's. We did a lap of Central Park and then caught a taxi back to the Hotel where the temp was still 100 degres (38 celsius).

Had dinner at the Italian Restaurant downstairs which had great food and great service. Some famous folks have dined here (Juan Martin Del Potro when he won US Tennis Open in 2009, Frank Sinatra and Pele). Luke sat in the exact seat as Del Potro did which made him feel pretty special ! I had Beef Ribs and Kerry had Veal Marsala and we had a bottle of Italian red wine as you do and finished off with NY Cheescake and signed off on $188- bill for dinner (ouch !).

Back in our room in time for game 5 of the NBA finals where Luke is hoping Miami will take the title tonight against Oklahoma City Thunder.

We found out later it was a record maximum for June in NYC at 103 degrees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb