Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free... or something like that


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 14th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well you guessed it yesterday was the day we went to the statue of liberty, and for once I'm not writing this blog at 4:30am (gotta love jet lag)

We caught the subway to the south ferry stop and jumped on a ferry to liberty island. Our tickets only allowed us to climb the pedestal but that was enough, 153 steps spiraling up...Damn security gaurds get to use the lift.

The view of the city skyline is awesome from the vantage of the statues feet. And for those Fringe fans there's a photo of the gift shop Lib appears in, in season two.

From the statue of liberty we headed to Wall street and saw the Bronze Bull, there were idiots kissing it's balls, who knows what STD you could get from a bull...

The New York stock exchange has an iron gate all the way around it, security gaurds at every entrance and all the windows are latched from the outside and have security locks on each of them. For a place with no real money in it I think they've gone a little over the top.

After wall street we headed back to our Hotel, we had planned to go on the Beast, a jet boat ride on the Hudson but it wasn't running 😞. The reason for heading back to the Hotel was the heat it hit 92 degrees F (33 C) and we needed air conditioning.

In the evening we hit McDonalds for dinner, a small cheese burger meal constitutes a large fries a large drink and 2 cheese burgers!!!! that's my kind of small meal 😊 From there we went to Chicago the musical on broadway. We also now know what makes a show on broadway, off broadway and off off broadway.... It's the number of seats in the theatre.

That's another day over and this time I slept the whole night yay!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb