Exploring Central Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 13th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we spent most of our day in Central Park, it's huge!!!

We visited the Central Park Zoo, Went to FAO Shcwarz, the toy store in the movies 'Big' and 'Home Alone'. A bit of a disappointment they carry more stuff online than in store....But all their sales people play with the toys as you go through and the lego section was impressive they had human sized modles of Indiana Jones, Jack Sparrow and the Statue of Liberty. Our last stop for the day was the American Museum of Natural History, where we saw the T-Rex skeleton from 'Night at the Museum'.

Central park is impressive. It looks like most office workers pack ther bordies and bikinis to go sunbake in the park at lunch or play softball/baseball at the myriad of different baseball diamonds scattered through the park.

One thing I've noticed about New York is that there is only 1 road rule and that is 'stop at red lights' the rest is just a free for all and the taxi drivers are crazy!!!

We moved Hotels yesterday and I stupidly said we should walk with our lugage from Broadway to 10th Ave. It didn't look to far on google maps, and it wouldn't have been so bad apart from the fact that the wheels on my 30 odd kg suitcase decided not to turn and I had to drag it the whole way. There is now two rubber trails from the Beacon Hotel on Broadway to the Skyline Hotel on 10th Ave, and my arms and back are now killing me, and the wheels on my case are decidedly flater on one side.

Well we start our New York contiki tour tomorrow, first day I think we head out to liberty island to see the statue of liberty.





Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb