So thats it for New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 21st 2010
Published: October 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

Deliberately quiet(er) day today.

Major washing task at the local laundromat and we are now up to date.

Still had time to squeeze in some final sightseeing including Empire State Building (amazingly we walked straight in there. We did choose to go at lunch time and it worked a treat). After that, the Chrysler Building at ground level (a bit disappointing) and Grand Central Station - magnificent. A 6 km stroll back via the Hudson river and a walk on the Hi-Line Park (a disused elevate railway just near our hotel thru the meat packing district) completed the day - but we still have dinner to contend with.

We fly out tomorrow for New Orleans and we are looking forward to a chang of scenery and a change of pace. We have enjoyed the sightseeing in NY, but it is hectic, noisy, and very old - and neither of us would find any reason to return.

We are really pleased that we chose to stay where we did in Chelsea as it is a bit off the pace, but a lovely safe area with restored appartment terraces and tree lined streets. Very comfortable.

The weather again has been very kind to us as we didnt even need our fleecies today. It did rain but pleasingly that was while we were doing our washing.......

Until the next chapter, all the best

Chris and Ian


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



21st October 2010
P1050497

The Chelsea Hotel is where Leonard Cohen wrote his famous song about Janis Joplin.
22nd October 2010

Hello from downtown Brandon Park
Hi Ian and Chris, New York looks a bit different than when I was there in -3 degrees in Feb! Have fun in New Orleans. I've never I've never been there. Looking forward to seeeing the photos. Have fun. Christine

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb