NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
April 11th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As I mentioned in the last entry, our room is the size of my Honda, and after our first night here my bed resembles a slab of concrete. The window only opens a fraction and Lynette asks my if i think a bird will fly in!

We get up early and breakfat in the NICE hotel next door, then we head to the Top of The Rock - aka The Rockefeller Centre. Brilliant views. Though it is a clouday day is still lets you reallt take in how big this city is.

We hit 5th Avenue, the most expensive street in the world. Prada, Gucci, Tiffany, Fendi, Bergdorff's, Chanel, DeBeers. All amazing. Too scared to go in though! However we do go into Tiffany's. 5 Floors of bling. It is so so croweded in here. Everyonr wants that little aqua coloured box.

We go back to Times Square and purchase a 3 day Hop On Hop Off ticket. This bus goes to all the sights of
Downtown, Midtown and Uptown. Today we go downtown and see all the sights. We pass Macy's, it is 2.2million sqare feet of shopping space and they spritz 200 gallons of purfume a week on all the visitors!

Next we go through SoHo, Greenwich Village and the East Village. All unique in their own style. SoHo is where all the artists and boutique galleries are. Greenwich and the East Village are where all the young hip people live. There is alot more little restaurants and deli's here, much less flambouyant than Times Square.

This tour takes us to Ground Zero. I can't even imagine how horrific it must have been to be here at the time of 9/11. To see such an expanse of space where the two tallest buildings were is a little overwhelming. We visit the church opposite that was the centrepoint of refuge for all the emergency workers. There is a memorial bell, a beautiful tulip flower bed and the American Flag with every name of the people that lost their lives. There's nothing else I can really say about it. Very very sad.

We come back to Times Square and have possibly the worst dinner I have ever had. We were tired and hungry and went to the closet place. TGI Friday's. Do not go here if you ever visit! Horrible!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb