Christmas in New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 22nd 2009
Published: July 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I come from a town so small there are no stop lights and the sheriffs department drives through once a week, even if we don't need it. My daughter had never been to a big city. Being a teenager (18) she was sure the grass was greener on the other side of the fence and wanted to move to one. We had a blast - but she changed her mind. LOL The traffic did her in more than about anything. The other thing was how rude those in service positions are there.

She is a photographer - or hopes to be after going to school. So we were always having to stop because "Mom don't you see that shot???" "No honey, but let me hold your stuff." She did this shot from the top of the Empire State Building at night.



Get The New York Pass
We had the New York Pass and it was so worth the price. Not only did it pay for it's self with discounts off of different fares, but it often times allowed me to skip lines that others had to wait in for hours.



Madame Tussauds


One of the places we went with the pass was Madame Tussauds New York Wax Museum. She had never heard of it, but once inside she went wild. Pictures are welcome in here. The figures are great and wide ranging. There are figures from all walks of life and dates in history. They have one section that is a horror house of figures. Pictures are encouraged. Some of the figures are so life like it is hard to tell if they are real or not. They have one set up that is just a photographer and you aren't sure at first if it is a real person that you are walking in front of their picture.











Midnight Mass


We attended a Traditional Latin Mass. In Oyster Bay there is a chapel where they do the Latin Mass. Everything is pre-Vatican II. There were prayers that started around 11pm and Mass was at Midnight. There were hundreds there, so get there early enough to get a seat. We were staying in Queens, so it was about 2:30am before we were able to get back to the hotel. But I can't tell you how much it was worth the late night.








Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Phanom of the OperaPhanom of the Opera
Phanom of the Opera

All I can say is - GO! But get your tickets from the box office it will save you a great deal of money.
Time square 1Time square 1
Time square 1

These were taken from a single spot.


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb