New York City Hotels - Conan O'Brien


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
February 8th 2006
Published: February 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

New York City Hotels - Conan O’Brien



Back in 2003 we were up late watching some Conan O’Brien and saw the ad for ordering tickets to the show. I went to the Web site and ordered the tickets. This was in the spring of 2003 and the closest date we could get was December of 2003.

We were excited about going to the show and booked a stay at a budget New York hotel called Riverside Tower Hotel. The price was cheap and the hotel was not loaded with amenities or luxury accommodations, but it was clean and safe.

The day of the show we headed down to Rockefeller Center to get to the NBC Studios. We heard from someone that you should get there at 2 even though all the employees say 3. Good thing we listened because there was already about 15 people ahead of us at 2 and it quickly started queuing after 15 minutes of waiting around. After a 2 hour wait we were finally shuffled in. It was awesome to see the halls that you see sometimes on the show. Then we went inside and were on the 2nd row on the right side if you face the stage. I thought we had a great spot until the camera operators moved the cameras into place. Then Conan was blocked the whole time.

It was still a good time with Bryan (Bulletproof Legs) warming up the crowd before the taping. It was hilarious and better than watching it on TV.

Afterwards we ate at one of the many vegan friendly restaurants in New York.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb