Shows and Bugs


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
January 28th 2006
Published: January 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Fat CatFat CatFat Cat

This was the biggest cat I had ever seen. This was taken at Moo Shoes, a vegan shoe store.

Roaches and mice!......



Yes, that’s right - we found a mouse in our stove today (not the oven, but the stove) - and the only reason we were looking in our stove was to set a roach bomb to kill the roaches that are living in our kitchen (especially in our stove). At least we are getting the true New York experience, right?

Other than that things are good here. It’s been freezing cold - I mean so cold your face hurts when the wind blows. Last night we saw Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre. The theatre was really pretty and the sets were amazing. We also went to Pure Food and Wine - which is the premier raw restaurant in New York. You wouldn’t believe how good raw food can be - everything was fabulous. Kory will, I’m sure, be making food just as fabulous as he progresses—he picked up his chef’s uniforms the other day, so he at least looks the part right now.

Two days ago we went to an Indian restaurant called Devi. It was amazing and nothing like I have ever tasted before. We got a gourmet meal for really cheap because it’s restaurant week here, when restaurants serve a set menu with a three course meal for a set price that is about half of what it would normally be. It sounds like we eat a lot - and we do because the food here is sooo good and there is so much to try. We also went to a play at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. It was really intimate - we were practically on the stage - and it was a lot of fun. Equally important is that it was FREE. We are getting pretty good at finding the free-bees.

Today I did some job hunting and had an interview at a Jewelry store. We both did some more looking around in boutiques and galleries and then we went to the MOMA - museum of modern art. Friday nights are free and it was packed with people. They had a Pixar exhibit that was really cool - hopefully it will still be here if/when any of you come visit.

Tomorrow we are jumping on the train up north to see Yale. Jen (Dorward) is visiting some friends up there, and she told us to
Nolita EatsNolita EatsNolita Eats

This is a really cool French Bistro in Nolita, by Soho.
visit. So, we will be going out in New Haven tomorrow night, seeing the campus on Sunday, and will be back in our humble home on Sunday night.

We promise to take some pix while we are there. The camera is acting up lately.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

MomaMoma
Moma

At the Museum of Modern Art. Fridays are FREE!
The Modern FamilyThe Modern Family
The Modern Family

Lindsey wouldn't take her clothes off for the picture. I explained that she lacked artistic vision...but it had no real effect.
Big Paintings.Big Paintings.
Big Paintings.

I tried to put one of these is my bag, but was caught and escorted out of the building.
SubwaySubway
Subway

On our way home from Lindsey's job interviews.


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb