New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
March 8th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 2:

We've been in New York for two days now and overall... its cool! Its a massive city, and its alot dirtier than London or Paris, and everything is on such a big scale here. I was under the impression you could walk everywhere, but youve got to be prepared for a good trek (the subway here is shocking so i prefer to just go by foot anyhow). America seem to be obsessed with having everything as big and brash as possible, but it works in NY as it lacks the history to give it character.

The hostel is overpriced for what it is. A stupidly creaky bunk bed, and nothing else in the room except for a light switch and a mirror. Shower is shot to sh** too. Maybe a sign of things to come :S

We went for a long walk late last evening in Central Park and it was great to see the New York skyline at night when walking around the main lake of the park. Felt safe too, even though it was dark and quite empty (and saw our first racoon. it was hanging onto the inner rim of a bin and eating rubbish. quality!)

Today we went through central park again (swarming with joggers) and onto Times Square, which was bright, flashing and over the top. But excellent of course, especially the ferris wheel INSIDE the disney store. Genius! we went up the empire state building where every ten steps there was a guy trying to sell you some map or photo or whatever, got a little ridiculous in the end, but the view from the top was good so can't complain.

Tomorrow we'll head on down to the statue of liberty and ground zero. Should be fun!

over and out!



Advertisement



9th March 2009

have you bought an i love ny t-shirt yet? today i went for dinner at my aunt's with harry.
9th March 2009

gaahhhhh
I'm so jealous right now,apart from the shitty shower...xxxxx

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb