Weekend With Craig


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 18th 2008
Published: October 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Toby's friend Craig visited this weekend so we showed him around the city. On Friday Toby took him to The Boathouse in Central Park for a beer, then down to Brooklyn Bridge. They walked across the bridge and explored DUMBO for a while before heading back to Manhattan. They had some drinks at Union Square before heading home.

On Saturday we started the day with lunch at Tom's Restaurant, aka "The Seinfeld Cafe". We noticed a street fair nearby so we walked through it and down to Riverside Drive. We then caught the subway to 50th Street and walked across to the Rockefeller Center. We walked around the Ice Skating Rink and then went to the Top of the Rock, where we spent a great deal of time looking at the fantastic view.

After 30 Rock we inched our way through the always-crowded Times Square and continued down to 34th Street. We walked around Penn Station and Madison Square Garden before going to Brother Jimmy's, a pub across the road. They sell a drink called Swamp Water, which is a vodka fruit mix in a fishbowl with a plastic alligator swimming in it. We shared that and some beers over dinner.

After dinner we commenced our pub crawl through Greenwich Village. We sat at the window of Oliver's and had a couple of beers before moving down the street to The Slaughtered Lamb Pub. Toby and I had been here once before and we were surprised to find it again! It is a pub with an American Werewolf in London theme- there is even a life-sized model of a werewolf biting a lady that revolves inside a glass case. I liked it a lot more the second time around, probably thanks to my Swamp Water earlier on!

We visited a few more bars that evening and even had a few jelly shots. When our final pub called last drinks we walked outside and found a subway station that would take us directly to our stop, so we hopped on. We had a meal at our local diner (called Jimmy's Classic Diner, which is ironic seeing as we started the evening at Brother Jimmy's) and then went home to bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

30 Rock30 Rock
30 Rock

Toby, Craig


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb