Stupid Computers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 7th 2005
Published: July 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so seeing as yet again this computer has decided to destroy a WHOLE piece of what I've written I am going to have to speed through this blog. I HATE THESE COMPUTERS! I'm just going to BRIEFLY describe what I did so when I get home I can explain everything, but mymemory isnt very good so I have to write it down or I'll forget. Sorry about this, but after tomorrow at least I'll only be one day behind again. I am so close to destroyng these things at the moment, and the 'i' key isnt working great. ARGH!

On way home, saw street performer. Wasnt very classy. Carried on. Saw Blades. Saw lots of banks, noted many of them. Passed creepy marketplace closed down. Got to Times Square. Saw Spray artist. Got to hostel. Locked out. Arrived in time. Got in. Booked next hostel. Went to room. Met room mates. Bit tipsy. Packing for morning. Set alarm. Woke up late. Got luggage. Worried about time as needed to get to Empire State to beat crowds. Founbd luggage room. Left luggage. Had starbucks Lemon Raspberry loaf. Went to Times Square. Got NYC Pass. Failed to get cash from ATM. Walked to ESB. Queue long. Went to Manhattan Mall. Free gift with purchase. Looked in Blades. Shoes in shop last night! Sandy and flip flops. Went to StoneBrook. Massage chair with legs. Left Mall. Went to Blades. Got Etnies! Sandy got flip flops. Subway to Tribute Museum. Very odd. Bar scene. John Lennon and Yoko Ono photograph exhibit. 'Remember' film not playing! Left. Went to Wall Street area. NYSE heavily guarded. Passed filming scene. Denzil Washington! Saw his face. Film called Inside Man, due out February. Passed fried chicken van. Went to Police Museum. Different feel. Hard to find! 9/11 part very interesting. Leftto get fried chicken. Van gone! Down to food place. Dunkin Donuts. Quite tasty! Tried phoning home. Nobody there. Got back to hostel, decided against NBC tour, not enough time. Took luggage to new hostel. Very big! Room with 10 people. Used padlock, came in handy! Headed to Broadway, met Rogelio and friends. Saw Phantom Of The Opera in second last row! Amazing! Good sets and everything. Finished. Went outside. Met Sandy and Ben. Said goodbye to Rogelio. Sandy went to bar with new friend Ben who she'd met in Hostel when I picked up my luggage. I went to internet cafe. Computers sucked! Couldnt update. Went back to hostel to sleep with plan to meet Sandy 9:30 outside ESB.

Woke up. Got changed. Made it down to ESB in time but searched on wrongh block. Met Sandy. She was tired from going out! Visibility was 0 miles. Decided to go up anyway. Queue was short. Had to go back though to claim tickets with pass. Went up two elevators. Lot of walking between! Got compulsory photo taken, best photo of me but cost $15 so no thanks! View was amazing despite cloudiness! Got free audio tour. Very interesting. Saw Bryant Park from tower. Met with Sandy again. Queued fro down elevator. Got down. Looked for somewhere to eat. I had croissant and kwi raspberry snapple from ice vcream place. Sandy had coffee and ice cream. She complained of tiredness. DShe asked to go to sleep. I said she should. We arranged meet up tomorrow. I went towards Bryant Park. Saw New York Public Library from film The Day After Tomorrow! Impresed. Joined the end of walking tour of Library. Had look around. Finished and walked outside. Sat down in Bryant Park. Made plans to see Radio City Music Hall. Got there in time for tour. Very good! Met a rockette! Woman hosting tour was enthusiastic. Saw underneath of lift etc. Finished. Went to NBC studio tour. Woman kidded me about show time on ticket! Saw sets of famous news and shows. SNL included. two women and whole tour very good and enteratining. Kid practiced weather broadcast, funny! Left. While waiting for tour, met guy from USA talked about music for a while. After tour bought candy from NBC tour! Went from NBC to Museum of TV and Radio. Instead of exhibits, it allows you to pick TV or film to watch out of certain selecton, or go to library and pick out TV shows from large archive and watch them in viewng room. Old APple computers, quite slow! Watched Jonny Carson, then to library and then Bewitched! Very entertaining. Then rushed to Planet Hollywood to take advantage of offer, but too late. So went towards CNN tower and had the tour of CNN Time Warner. Very good. Got to see live broadcast of news show! And found out London Olympic Decision. Had subway sandwich! After, headed up to hostel to see if I could find Seinfeld Diner. No luck, so went to Hostel. Asked Lady and got directrions to Diner, but too late to see it now. Went to room. Met two scottish guys called Clive and Duncan. Brilliant! I offered for them to come to Times Square to see while I used internet. They had shower, then came to Times Sq. Caught subway. Went to Quiksilver shop where Clive bought flip flops! Craze or something :P. I went to internet cafe while they went exploring. After a while, and after computer crashed, they came and we left to go home. Clive though he lost metrocard. Didnt. Got through, got on train straight away. When arrving at stop, Duncan got out but approx 6 people got shut on the train when we wanted out! Had to travel two stops to get off. Laughed. Duncan was on own and it was a funny stuation. We got back, no sign of Duncan. We got back to Hostel. Our cards wouldnt work! Back donwstairs, replace cards, back upstairs. I decided that as I wanted to get up at 6, try to stay all night up. No success. Woken up in TV room by staff, saying no sleeping! Went to room, fell asleep, but no alamr because battery ran flat. Woke up latefor Sandy meeting, gutted, said goodbye to Clive and Dunca. They have my mobile number. I woke up approx 11:40. Dissappointed about losing Sandy. Did washing and dryng, and tyhen had shower. Rushed out of room and managed to get to Madson Square garden tour. Very big arena, got to see places others mght not see! Suite overlooking stadum was very cool. Tried to get to UN tour but bus and queue and late Madison tour and disabled people on bus made me latre. Saw bulding though. Walked to try to get to Guggenheim, but was late for same reasons again. Stupid buses. So went to Times Square to Madame Tussauds. Very cool place! Raced Lance Armstrong on bke and thought I was going to pass out! Felt wrong fro about 20 mns, but recovered! Expensve water drnk too. Then came straight from there to here, where I've been angered by this computer. Once again, I'm sorry for the stupidity of the update format this time around, but I have explaned why!

Don't worry, because I'll have details galore when I get back. Thanks for reading!

BTW, I'm going to try and get tuckets to see either the Late Show With Conan O brien or the Last Call with Carson Daly, both lve audience shows by NBC tomorrow,so wll have to get up early! Wish me luck!

Russ/Epiq

Advertisement



7th July 2005

RAGGLE FRAGGLE!
Awesome update all the same :) how do you remember trivial things such as 'passed fried chicken van'?! :D Hehe, like the pic heather and I sent you? Can't wait for you to get back but I'm glad you're having fun... **Envious about Phantom** Shall see you in a couple of days or whatever :D Say hi to all your new friends for me!
8th July 2005

Im back on the net
hi russ, im back on the net thanks to you giving us the password. i have rung work for your unpaid leave and they dont seem to think its a problem, i spoke to andrea and shes getting back to me later. i hope your still having fun, it has been hell not being able to communicate with you but now i can use the net it will be a lot easier. i have been able to read printouts of your travelblog accounts as steve has been printing them out at work for me. your off to montreal today i hear so another adventure awaits you. is anybody else travelling with you or are you going out on your own for a few days? anyway its lovely to be able to talk to you........that was you on the phone so that was nice to talk to you over the phone. have fun in montreal and ill speak to you soon. lol mum

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb