4 weeks to go ......


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 8th 2018
Published: September 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The countdown is on!



In 4 weeks Ruby, mum and I will be in the midst of a great 9 day vacay in NEW YORK!



We are trying to make the trip as easy as possible. Staying away from most of the tourist traps (most .....) and just BEING. Soaking up the vintage stores, the food, the river walks, the atmosphere and the general vibe of being in the Big Apple.



We are staying between Little Italy and Chinatown - my mouth waters just thinking about it. Close enough to everything, but far enough away from Midtown to feel like we aren't true tourists. We have been to New York quite a few times - having lived in Connecticut for 18 months the 1.5 hour drive was really easy to do. But we were tourists those times, and we spent hours having photos taken in Times Square and walking up 5th Avenue. This time we will be chilling in Chelsea, drinking coffee and eating cake and shopping where the locals shop. Of course, we'll slip in a little visit to Dear Evan Hansen (hooray) and take the free Staten Island Ferry passed Lady Liberty. But this time we'll get OFF at Staten Island and look around. We'll walk OVER the Brooklyn Bridge to spend a day just walking the streets (and eating chocolates from Dumbo). We will take the aerial tram over to Roosevelt Island and have lunch. And we WON'T be going in the Met or MoMo. Canberra gets the best of the travelling art shows - no need to waste a day looking at things we have already seen.



So if you would like to follow us on our journey this is where we will be. In all our glory.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb