A classy day in NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 21st 2018
Published: June 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

We used the Hop On Hop Off bus as a taxi today, so got on one headed uptown, and got off at the start of Central Park. Walked along the edge of the park to the horse and carriages, plenty lined up today, a bit cooler than Monday. Had a short ride through Central Park, then the carriage has to go out onto 5th Ave in all the traffic to get back to the start - that was a little interesting. Decided to go across to the Plaza Hotel, found the food court downstairs, so sat and had coffee.

Time for some (window) shopping along 5th Ave, past all the high end stores (and a few churches), only one we went into was Lindt! Also walked past the Trump Tower (the one he lives in when in New York - 3 storey penthouse), and decided to go in because the sign said it was open to the public. Quite bizarre, on the bottom levels, there is a Trump shop (with Trump merchandise - had to restrain ourselves!), Trump cafe, Trump ice cream parlour, a few other Trump things, and a Starbucks! There was also the "official" Trump campaign shop, but you can only shop there if you are a US citizen. Damn!

Then into Tiffany's for a little shopping and lunch at the Blue Box Cafe! (Almost Breakfast at Tiffany's). You can order breakfast, lunch or "Tiffany Tea" all day, so had the tea, along with a glass of champagne. The cafe is gorgeous, all done in Tiffany blue, and the "tea" was lovely too. Had time for a little more shopping, then back down 5th Ave to catch the bus back to the hotel.
A final stop at our new favourite shop (The Food Emporium) for dinner and breakfast to go.
Then walked to the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre to see Summer (The Donna Summer Musical). Usual stuff, queue to pick up the tickets, queue to get into the theatre, queue for our wine (in a Summer cup this time) and, of course, a queue for the bathroom!
Show was fabulous, the three ladies playing Donna at different ages were amazing. Could have lived without the singing along though. And a nice short walk back to the hotel where we had to pack our bags again. Back to Canada tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb