Brooklyn & Times Square


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
March 29th 2016
Published: April 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of our trip started with a tour of Brooklyn Bethel - the (for now) World HQ for Jehovah's Earthly Organization.
The brother who was nice enough to take time from his day off to give us a tour was very nice. He showed us his department (house services) as well as around the branch offices. We got to see the different departments involved in, not only the teaching materials used by the Governing Body, but also the use and distribution of the voluntary donations they receive from around the world.
After the tour of the offices we got to see 2 different self-guided tours: the history of the Bible and the history of God's people through the last 2 millennia. It was so inspiring to see the way God's Holy Spirit has worked to keep His Word alive and make His Name known.
After The tours it was nearly 3 PM so we decided it was time for lunch. We headed down to Shake Shack and had what was probably the best burger I've had in a long time (granted I haven't eaten at In'N'Out in many years!). Their burgers are made with 100% natural beef and their fries were amazing, too.
We headed back to the apartment (those 5 flights of stairs again!) and after we rested up a bit we wanted to explore, so we went to New Jersey to go to a Japanese Market there called Mitsuwa. We had to take the subway to the Port Authority and then take a 30 min bus ride to NJ but it was worth it! This place was huge...basically a supermarket that also featured 5 different restaurants and bakeries. And it was all Japanese and Korean-which made shopping a little difficult but we figured it out. We got lots of treats to snack on and I also got a bottle of sake.
After the bus ride home we got on the subway again and since it was about 9 PM we decided to stop at Times Square before going home. It was so cool to see it all lit up! After exploring it for a while and doing some shopping it was almost 11 PM so we went back to the apartment for some shut eye.
Tomorrow we will be driving upstate to visit the 2 other branch facilities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Self-guided TourSelf-guided Tour
Self-guided Tour

Tracing the Spiritual Heritage of God's People through the last 2,000 years.
Caleb Photobomb Caleb Photobomb
Caleb Photobomb

Trying to get a pic of the hallway going up the escalator at the Disney Store and Caleb turned around and caught me.


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb