Shoot the Freak


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Brooklyn
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What a nice relief today was from the concrete jungle. Took the subway to Brooklyn and Coney Island. It's a seaside town complete with boardwalk, ice cream stands, vomit-inducing funfair rides and Shoot the Freak.

I must admit to being a bit disappointed by Shoot the Freak. Basically there's a guy with a masked helmet and a shield and he dodges about in a pit while kids shoot him with paintball guns. When the kids had finished he took off his helmet and I was expecting to see Quasimodo, or at least someone whose thumbs were on backwards. Instead I saw a normal looking American teenager, probably working his way through college. Most disappointing.

I went to the Aquarium but the queues were massive so turned about and walked along the pier, which was full of fishermen. It really could have been England.

All in all a pleasant day and I'm now feeling very relaxed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

A Plastic Palm TreeA Plastic Palm Tree
A Plastic Palm Tree

No, I've no idea why either.
The Ferris Wheel is cunning...The Ferris Wheel is cunning...
The Ferris Wheel is cunning...

You go up in the inner wheel but as you reach tipping poin on the way down you slide to the outer wheel. Bet they didn't expect that!
The End of the PierThe End of the Pier
The End of the Pier

That's the Atlantic out there. England's just up a bit and to the left.


12th September 2010

Sounds a bit like a nice day out in Southend-on-Sea! Except perhaps for the 'Shoot the Freak' part. Not sure we'd be allowed to get away with the word 'Freak' over here, some people really do take political correctness to the extreme! :)

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb