"I Saw it One Day . . ."


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It's our anniversary (35!), and we're doing a stay-cation, as we will be driving south to winter in Merida, Yucatan, while a friend sits our house and dog . For lunch, we decided to visit the bustling downtown of nearby East Aurora, zeroing onto the deck at a favorite spot: Rick's On Main. (No Mulberry Street in this town.) But we saw many amazing sights.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

LetLet
Let

Top down, lids and shades on, ready to breeze our way to lunch.
Destination LunchDestination Lunch
Destination Lunch

The perfect deck! Summer in the Buffalo area is not to be missed, since winter is so long. Outdoor dinning is the only way to go, weather permitting.
Ten MinutesTen Minutes
Ten Minutes

If we wanted a table on the deck we were asked to wait. So we found a fork in the road, and took Yogi's advice.
First we encountered a UFO!First we encountered a UFO!
First we encountered a UFO!

With a bar code, no less.
Next we saw an ice cream shopNext we saw an ice cream shop
Next we saw an ice cream shop

But Mom always told us: "Don't spoil your meal by eating desert first!"
One of the LocalsOne of the Locals
One of the Locals

On the way back to Rick's we even walked past Gumby!
The Bear Family homeThe Bear Family home
The Bear Family home

Is that Baby Bear sitting on the porch?
Around the Block, and across the streetAround the Block, and across the street
Around the Block, and across the street

Rick's is across from Vidler's — and ole timey Five & Dime store. That's Mr Vidler sitting on the roof, with a firecracker in his hand. (I hope he let's go before it pops.)
In the shade of umbrellasIn the shade of umbrellas
In the shade of umbrellas

A wider view of the setting.
Happy TimesHappy Times
Happy Times

A group near us took their camera to lunch, too. It's the generous thing to do. By the way, the food was really good. We had Scallops Tostados with Thai chili's on a flat taco shell, with beans, and corn, and guacamole, which we split; and we also had a small flatbread pizza with greens and mozzarella, part of which we brought home. Yum!


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb