Cooperstown, NY


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Cooperstown
September 8th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Baseball Hall of FameBaseball Hall of FameBaseball Hall of Fame

This is Don at the entrance to the Hall of Fame.
Batter up! We made it to New York! Can't believe that we are finally here. It is nothing like I imagined. Everything is green and there are so many trees that you can't see very far into the countryside. There are hills everywhere in fact you will be hard pressed to find any areas that are flat. It is very, very pretty here. We stayed in a little town called Harpursville which was about an hour outside Cooperstown. It was a very quaint RV park and we had a gorgeous view as you will see from the picture I took this morning when we left. It has finally turned cool and we are loving it. It was only 67 today and Don wore jeans and I wore a sweatshirt for the 1st time. It's great!

Yesterday we went to Coooperstown and it was nice. The town is really small and old and everything is pretty much built around the Hall of Fame. We were told that parking was very hard to find so be prepared. Well I guess that after Labor Day the tourists go home because there really weren't many people there and we were able to park for
HOF EntranceHOF EntranceHOF Entrance

These three guys are inside the entrance to the Hall of Fame. Lou Gehrig, Roy Campanella, and Roberto Clemente.
free right down the street from the Hall of Fame in the Doubleday Stadium parking lot. The museum allows you to come and go freely which was nice because it is 3 stories and takes a long time to see. We saw two floors of the museum and then decided to go get some lunch. We had a nice relaxing lunch at a cafe and then went back and finished seeing the rest of the museum. Sorry that most of the pictures I took are of Atlanta Braves or NY Mets stuff. That is because Don is a Braves fan and Craig is a Mets fan. Had to keep my husband happy you know.

We are heading to Niagagra Falls tomorrow. Can't wait! Our list is getting shorter and shorter. 😊K


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Honorees HallHonorees Hall
Honorees Hall

Here is the hall where the honorees plaques are hanging. Very impressive.
Don looking at WallDon looking at Wall
Don looking at Wall

Don standing at the end of the Hall of the honorees.
Misc equipmentMisc equipment
Misc equipment

Some old equipment.
Hank Aaron HonorHank Aaron Honor
Hank Aaron Honor

Don is a big Hank Aaron fan. He loved this tribute to him. He is also a big Braves fan hench all the Braves pictures. I didn't include all of them.
Hank AaronHank Aaron
Hank Aaron

This is Hank's uniform.
Hank AaronHank Aaron
Hank Aaron

Here is Hank's plaque from the Inductee's Hall.
Tom Seaver PlaqueTom Seaver Plaque
Tom Seaver Plaque

This is Tom Seaver's plaque from the Inductee's Hall. He played at Fresno State.
Tom Seaver MetsTom Seaver Mets
Tom Seaver Mets

He you go Craig. Mets & FSU. What could be better?
Mets SeaverMets Seaver
Mets Seaver

Another Mets, Seaver collection. They had a lot of Seaver stuff. Guess he was really good.
Tom SeaverTom Seaver
Tom Seaver

Here is Tom Seaver at his Induction ceremony.
Braves LockerBraves Locker
Braves Locker

This is the Braves locker with Braves players who made significant contributions to their team.
Boston Red SoxBoston Red Sox
Boston Red Sox

This is the Boston Red Sox locker with some of their HOF players memorabilia.
Babe Ruth plays FresnoBabe Ruth plays Fresno
Babe Ruth plays Fresno

Read this poster. He played in Fresno!
David Ortiz HelmetDavid Ortiz Helmet
David Ortiz Helmet

Look boys, it's David Ortiz' helmut!
Cooperstown Dreams ParkCooperstown Dreams Park
Cooperstown Dreams Park

Here is the park where all the teams that come to town play. I don't know how many field are here but believe me there are a lot.
Cooperstown shotCooperstown shot
Cooperstown shot

This is just a shot down mainstreet. It is a very old, quaint town.
View from RV Belden RV ParkView from RV Belden RV Park
View from RV Belden RV Park

This was the view out our front window this morning. Their was a light drizzle and so you couldn't see across the field but there was a mountain on the other side that was covered with trees. It was very peaceful and beautiful. Nice park.


10th September 2010

Fun!
Your pictures brought back memories! The Cooperstown Dream park is where Storm played when he was 12. There are a ton of fields there! Loved the pics of the Hall of Fame!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb