East Coast USA Day 21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Binghamton
October 9th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

New York to Binghamton


What a day, we arrive at JFK airport at 6.00am and we've had no sleep.We catch the sky train to the car rental section and are told we can't pick up the rental untill 09:00 am, we ask if we can leace our luggage in thier waiting area so we can sky train it back to the main terminal without lugging our gear around, we're told "no".Well, we've lugged our gear back to main terminal, had some average coffee and food and returned back, picked up the rental and off we go, well,not just yet, Steve relizes he hasn't downloaded the East coast routes into the GPS, wer'e in the carpark with the laptop on front seat downloading the maps to the GPS, guys and thier gadgets, looks like he's out of mission impossible on some survielance mission. Ok the GPS is armed and wer'e off and head straight to Binghamton. What can one say about New York traffic?......"you've got to be kidding", would be descriptive enough, it's a free for all, indicators-what are they, courtesy-what's that?, but in a strange way, the traffic has this organized kaos thing about it and it seems to work. Once out of the mayhem of NYC the scenery is beautiful, the trees with there Autum colours are amazing, reds, orange, peach, gold and green, all along the hillsides and valleys, just stunning. We arrive at our Hotel at 3.30pm, have a shower and it's straight to bed by 4.00pm and I'm awoken by Steve at 10.00pm, Steve suggests we should stay up for a while so we don't have to much sleep, he does notice the glare of the eyes and we go back to sleep, no pics today, driving and sleeping :-) ........ Weather........ glorious!

Accommodation:

Red Roof Inn
590 Fairview St
Johnson City, New York

Thoughts: We were so tired when we arrived at the Red Roof, it was like heaven. This is budget accommodation and was the cheapest on our trip, for the price it was great, would stay again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb