Day 7 - Henderson Harbour to Alexandria Bay


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.3358, -75.9181

Woke up to another beautiful morning along the banks of Lake Ontario and took a 60 mile leisurely trip along the Seaway Trail. We stopped in Tibbetts Point Lighthouse at Cape Vincent, then went on to Alexandria Bay along the St. Lawrence River. We did the 1 hour tourist boat ride to Boldt Castle and "Millionaires Row" to see the insane houses on the private islands.

Our campground was really nice, right on the bank of the St. Lawrence River. There was no electric or water hookup at the sites, but we can "rough it" for 1 night.

We rode our bikes into the harbor from the campground and locked them up at the dock. When we returned, we could not open the combination lock; something obviously got hosed. So, I asked a cop if he had bolt cutters. He did not but suggested that we ask the owner of the local corner bar (he apparently knew everyone). 20 minutes later, he had a guy with massive bolt cutters meeting me at the dock and we sprung the bikes. So, we reciprocated by buying drinks at his bar.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th July 2013

Very Cool. Skiing this winter we stayed with a couple who had an unheated, small cabin without running water or electricity on a private island on Alexandria Bay. It sounded like a short season but interesting.

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb