Celebrating 43 WANDER full years marriage n Taos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Taos
December 29th 2013
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.4072, -105.573

Still had not decided what to do for our anniversary when we awakened on anniversary morning. Then......................let's go to Taos. Fixed a mercola smoothie, gathered up a few things and off we went to Taos.

As we were driving along the river it began to snow all the way to Taos. Decided to have brunch at the Old Martina Inn. What a delightful place. They gave us a glass of champagne to help us celebrate our anniversary. Had a spicy Eggs Benedict that was so very delicious.

From there to Casa Benevides where we had a beautiful room awaiting us. Rested a bit before heading out to look around town. We were still trying to decide where to have dinner and were walking around checking places out and it was very slippery with the ice patches and new snow covering some of the ice. Went back to the room and put on our "yak traks" which fit on the bottom of your shoe and help grip the ice and keep you from sliding.

Finally decided on Doc Martin's inside the Taos Inn. Both had wonderful entries and a nice glass of wine. From there on the the Alley Cantina where we visited with our bartender friends we have made over the years. There was a nice jazz trio playing and we had a good time visiting with them and enjoying the music.

Nice anniversary and took the High Road home and got to enjoy some more beautiful scenery.



Additional photos below
Photos: 90, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb