The Creaky Old Travelers


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Deming
March 24th 2013
Published: March 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So here we are for the next few weeks, 15 miles north of Deming, New Mexico at a small RV park called, The Temperate Zone. It's completely off the beaten path and we were looking forward to a month of rest and relaxation without the freeway or train noise we've been fraught with for most of our trip. Well, we sure got that. Our nearest neighbors are a herd of black angus cattle! As I look out my window this evening I can see a charming old windmill, much like the windmill my grandparents had in North Dakota. In fact, even though we are far away from their homestead, the land looks much the same. Lots of sagebrush, tumbling tumbleweeds, and hills in the distance.

We chose this park for another big reason: the cost for a month stay, which includes full hookups, is an amazing $125. Electricity is extra and we gave the owners a $100 deposit on that. It's so nice to have electricity after over three weeks without it.

In addition, there is a nice clubhouse with a TV, pool tables, kitchen, and comfortable seating. Although we have a shower in our rig, we do prefer the larger showers we've found in most RV parks we've stayed in and this shower/restroom is the nicest we've seen in our four months on the road. We've watched TV for the first time in four months as well. There's a nice selection of DVDs and a book exchange as well. The laundry here is on the honor system where we keep track in a logbook of the number of loads we've done and we pay up at $1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry when we leave.

There's not too much to do here but read and watch videos. We do go on a couple walks a day. To go to town is a hassle as we have to disconnect sewer, water, and electric from the rig as well as secure everything inside so we don't have anything becoming a flying missle. In some of the other parks, we've gotten acquainted with other RVers but this park only has five other RVs parked right now and most seem to prefer to keep to themselves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb