September 18, 2015 - Friday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
September 19th 2015
Published: September 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our day started out lazy. Thought we were taking our RV to camping world this AM, but wouldn't you know it, when Les got up and turned it on, it was working perfectly. No use taking it in like that. So, we spent the morning at camp.

After lunch we went into town looking for an old steam engine that Les read about somewhere. If he sees the word train, his eyes light up. But when we found it, we discovered that it was behind a fence in a location where we couldn't really see it.

We ended up going to the grocery store, then returning home (home these days is wherever our RV is parked).

This evening we went to Sandia Casino to meet some of our new New Mexico friends for dinner. They bought our dinner and the casino gave us $25 of free play each because it was our first time there. We played for over 3 hours and Les walked out with $5 (that was what he won over the $25) and I walked away with $13.25. So, all in all it was a good evening. It was fun for both of us because we were playing with their money. We are both too thrifty to put much of our own money into those machines.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Odessa/Midland this weekend to see my kids. It has only been a few weeks, but I miss them.

Kim's birthday is Monday. So, I'll be there to celebrate her birthday with her.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb