September 14, 2015 - Monday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
September 15th 2015
Published: September 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the New Mexico state fair. It was nice, but tiny compared to the Texas State Fair. But I'm not complaining. I wouldn't be able to walk tonight if it had been any larger. When you go to something like that with Les Hudson, he's not happy unless he's seen everything there at least once and some things twice. As it was, we were out of there by 3:00 PM and probably didn't arrive until about 10 AM. We had a big ol' turkey leg for lunch. That was good. We broke one of the cardinal rules of attending a state fair...we didn't eat anything fried! They had fried Snickers, Reeses Cups, fried cheese curd, fried cinnamon rolls, and more. But we didn't try any of them. We paid $1.00 each to get in (it was Monday Dollar Day) and then got a free flu shot, so that was a great bargain.

We visited with one of the NM Good Sam Rally officials that we'd become kind of friendly with this morning before we left for the fair. They invited us to come back next year for the Aluquerque Balloon Festival and camp with their chapter. It sounds great, but not sure yet if we'll get to do it. It will be in October and so will the Atlanta National Rally that we are planning to attend.

This same couple have invited us to have dinner with them Friday night at one of the casinos. They are great people. We were treated so warmly while we were here. New Mexico has been a good experience this summer!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.4kb