Day 22: Cortez-Albuquerque


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Albuquerque
January 18th 2012
Published: January 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was to be another driving day. I woke up around 6.45 to hit some breakfast. Nothing really much on offer so I had some Frosted Flakes. They are just overly sweet Corn Flakes, so not very good. Once we hit the road our first stop was at Durango to have our group picture taken. We all had to huddle together in the snow so it was pretty funny, but the backdrop is a really nice mountain, so the picture came out really good.

Next we had a short drive to our jeeping start point. They werent Jeeps as much as huge Hummers, which was cool, but it also meant that it was pretty boring since the Hummers took on the terrain so well. We made our own fun in the back of our Hummer, just chatting and taking photos of each other. Our guide wasnt very talkative either, so I really wish I didnt have to tip him, but since its the right thing you do, I just gave him a token tip.

From here we finished watching a movie we began yesterday on the bus called 21. Its about a group of MIT students who go to vegas and count cards. it was an ok movie, nice to pass time anyway.

Our next stop was in Cuba (New Mexico) which was just a pit stop before our final leg to Albuquerque. Ont he last leg we were paired up with someone we didnt know to play "name that tv tune". I was paired up with Erin, and we actually did pretty well, mostly thanks to her, since my tv knowledge sucks.

Tonight I plan to do some laundry and head to bed early since we have hot air ballooning at 6.50am tomorrow. So excited for that, just hope the weather holds out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb