Session 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey
August 6th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Right..sorry it has been a while since I last wrote one of these. This site went down, and has lost one of my previous entries...as for the others..no idea where they are.

Anyway, we have had session 3. The kids were pains in the backside to say the least.

A few highlights..the application trail.

For those of you who do not know what that is, i'll try and explain.

It is a 3000 mile hike from Maine, North USA - Georgia, South USA. It can take people 6 months to do it..and is certainly a once in a life time thing.

We only did 4 miles of it! And didn't leave the New Jersey part of the mountains.

We had a fun filled 36 hours after the typical close to a session. We went to watch the Transformers and Simpsons movie. I don't really recommend either to be honest..apart from the Spider Pig in The Simpsons!

We then went to a standard Camp Nejeda hotel party. 15 of us spread across 3 rooms in a dodgy motel on route 206.

The next day, with a hangover, we went trail riding on horseback. It
WOWWOWWOW

The amzing view from the top of the appilation moutains
lasted an hour and was a nice relaxing day.

That evening, after we had a pizza and swim party, we drove into New York state to go watch a movie at the drive-in. Typical American! The drive was 1 and 1/2 hours - and we arrived to find out it had sold out. So on the quiet ride home, we found the coolest thing ever. A place that had go kart racing and an 18 hole crazy golfcourse, for only $10 (£5) to do a round of both.

We got back to camp at 1am (curfew was 11pm!) And had to wake up at 6:30am for session 4 campers. I am now in a cabin with the older kids. They are great..this is certainly the best session coming up..shame it is the last.

Check out the photos..including the ones of cool bugs we found.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

PathPath
Path

This way to Georgia
ChillingChilling
Chilling

Food at the Olive Grove..an italian restaurant
The night is youngThe night is young
The night is young

The start of the night
PartyParty
Party

All of us crammed into a double room
Horse riding groupHorse riding group
Horse riding group

Before anyone fell off a broke legs and necks!
Me and MooseMe and Moose
Me and Moose

Moose had a habit of tripping up
Bug 2Bug 2
Bug 2

We pulled this one off the underside of the cabin. It was in the middle of hatching! Oops!
BugBug
Bug

Apparently, a rare bug that only comes out once every 4 months!


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb