6. Welcome to my humble abode...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Jersey » Jersey City » Newport
November 10th 2005
Published: November 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

GW 903 - The LoungeGW 903 - The LoungeGW 903 - The Lounge

Complete with sparkly Christmas tree lights, ideal boyfriend doll and, of course TV. Not to mention the N64 that someone left behind. Crap games though...
In a display of astounding solidarity, the like of which hasn't been seen since Opal Fruits became Starburst, the inhabitants of George Washington Flat 903 were able to pool human resources and score 2 'excellents' and 7 'goods' in our flat inspection this month. While the rest of our flat had been deemed 'good', the bathroom floors in both the male and female toilettes were considered 'excellent' - a mildly sparkling example for the rest of the world to take note. A note at the bottom of our inspection sheet declared that the apartment "is looking great".

This is, to be fair, a relatively new state for our flat. As I mentioned in a previous blog, the girls' triple room has not been in the tidiest of conditions. Even my bed area, I'm ashamed to say, has been party to the occasional rumpled item of clothing, as I'm sure my mother is shocked to hear. It wasn't quite the equivalent of Anna and Lydia's areas, though to be fair there were always foot-sized gaps in the piles of clothes leading to the bathroom. But right now, the whole flat is spotless and so I thought I'd treat you to some
Our BuildingOur BuildingOur Building

George Washington Building, that indelible 1980s monolith, standing staring out over the Hudson River, guarding the interns within. And there's a great shop just over the road...
pictures. Be ware though, these pictures as pre-tidy so ignore the rumpled items...

Welcome to George Washington 903, home to Simon, Raj, Stewart, Anna, Lydia and Me!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

GW 903 - The LoungeGW 903 - The Lounge
GW 903 - The Lounge

Ah, patriotism. Isn't it wonderful?! Not at all to be confused with arrogance, no no no!
My bed areaMy bed area
My bed area

So it's a bit rumpled and there's piles of things. So what?! It's cosy. Cosy is vastly underrated y'know.
Photos on the wallPhotos on the wall
Photos on the wall

See if you can spot yerself. Also complete with amazing calendar that Simon made for me!
The real view from our flatThe real view from our flat
The real view from our flat

Ok, so I was a little stingy with the whole truth when I showed you the stunning views from the window. This is the whole truth. Still pretty great though, and one you train your eyes not to see the building that's threatening to obscure it all (denial is a wonderful sunny place), it's all fine!
AnnaAnna
Anna

Dressed as a horny devil for Halloween. The "dress" came off after she arrived at the party. Spot the Oxford lass (sorry Hazel!). This picture comes at Pav's request - "you can't say someone's stunningly pretty and then not show a photo. Bow to reader pressure!"
Stuart and RajStuart and Raj
Stuart and Raj

Da boys of the double room. Strangely perfect for each other...


11th November 2005

Audits
Hi Carolyn - Apartment inspections eh. As an employee myself of an American company, welcome to the big bad world of internal audits!!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb