Super Bowl: Check Another World Cup:…


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So since everyone is now very interested in not only the World Cup but the USA and the World Cup, we think it’s time to bring the FIFA World Cup back TO the USA. We hosted the FIFA World Cup™ in '94 and it is widely considered the most successful in FIFA's history and is considered responsible for the soccer renaissance that followed in the USA, both on and off the field.

The 1994 FIFA World Cup soccer tournament held 7 of its games at Giants Stadium (including the Italy v Bulgaria semi-final), in addition to games of the 1999 Women's World Cup. Average attendance in 1994 was 69,000, which broke records due to the bigger capacities of the American stadiums compared to those of past hosts. The total attendance for the USA World Cup final tournament remains the highest in World Cup history.

It's time to build on prior success and host again. MLCVB has contributed to the US bid in hopes to be a host site in 2018 or 2022. When we are able once again invite the world to share in our love of the game and inspire a new generation of soccer fans in the in the United States! In the last 3 days the number of signatures has gone from just over 550,000 to 690, 557! Help us reach 1 MILLION signatures!

Please Join the Brigade and Sign the Petition at www.GoUSAbid.com!!!

Fun Facts:
The USA won its group at the FIFA World Cup for the first time since 1930 (that's 80 years ago), and for the first time ever in a four-team group.

So lets take a look at this so called “dream team” and see what they are made of. Average Age: 26.9, ranging from 37 to 20.

Hometowns: California bringing in the big numbers with 7, Texas with 3, Illinois with 2 and Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin each is represented by 1.

Visit www.stayinthemeadowlands.com for more information on the Meadowlands Region

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb