Spanish Trails Country Club


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
February 3rd 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Spanish Trails CCSpanish Trails CCSpanish Trails CC

The top row of bushes immediately before the green hid a pond that Dwayne skipped a ball through.
Geo: 36.49, -114.536

We enjoyed this lovely course. Although I probably had more bad shots than the previous day, I had many more good shots and those are the ones that seem to stick in the mind. The girls organised the evening's show tickets, went shopping and then sight-seeing at Red Rock Canyon.

After drinks in our room, in the evening we caught a limo to Excalibur where the Tribute to the Bee Gees was playing. It was good to hear the songs again but the band did not do them justice. We had a good Italian dinner after the show and said goodbye to the Rutledges who were leaving the next morning. It was really great of them to drive the 6hrs from Yuma to catch up for a couple of days, and we enjoyed their company.

On Thursday we went sight-seeing with the Oslunds to the Valley of Fire State Park, about 75min out of LV. Saw lots of rugged landscapes and multi-coloured rocks, then drove home via Lake Mead (Hoover Dam). We baulked at the $40 pp cost and 2.5hr drive to visit the glass walkway out over the West Rim, Grand Canyon.

In the afternoon we booked a ride on the High Roller; at 550ft high it's the tallest ferris wheel in the world. One circuit takes 30min and we took drinks up with us and watched the sunset. A good experience and a fair price at US$20 pp. We had an expensive Chinese meal at The Mirage and came back to our room to finish off the booze in the fridge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb