Viva Las Vegas!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
July 27th 2012
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A great day yesterday in the Grand Canyon, after having done it last by helicopter, being on the ground gave us a new perspective.

Only 205 miles covered, and stopped by some amazing little souvenir shops (yes, more t shirts for David).

We stayed in a tiny place called Seligman, which was just awesome. Some of the shops are done up in such a way that it was like stepping back in time. This place is another true Route 66 community - just fabulous.

We all had dinner together at a tiny cafe; there was an amazing local singer who got us all going along with one of the South Africians on the tour who turns out to be a very well known musician in his country. Needless to say it was a HUGE night and heaps of fun. Sore heads all around this morning!

We needed to recover from our hangovers quickly as today as we headed out of Arizona and across the desert into Nevada and through to Las Vegas. After having had relatively comfortable temps the last few days we were back in the heat and the worst day so far. It was so hot, the bikes wouldn't idle as we rode into the city. No oil pressure, and the poor bikes struggling to breathe. We were all soaking with sweat when we arrived at the hotel. We reckon the temp hit well into the 50's Celsius on the road into the city.

We're at the Mirage and the reception was chaos. Nice shower and off for a bite to eat. We had two more bikes down today, one with a wheel bearing issue, one with no clutch. Luckily it didn't all happen in the desert!

Still having a ball, we can't believe we have only two more days - although on the other hand it feels like we have been away for ages!

Hi to all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb