Day 14 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We started off the day by just driving around Las Vegas and having a look at a few sights and the strip itself. It was another hot day and we decided to wait till tomorrow to check out the strip. We went looking for a few different shops that we saw on the net that looked good for the girls but the problem was when we typed the address into the tom tom it didn’t come up or it sent us miles in the wrong direction. It was very frustrating so we sucked up a few hours doing that. We did finally find what we were looking for though! We also went looking for collector bottles of Jack Daniels’ for Stu but to no avail. Before we knew it we were looking at the time and it said 3.00 pm, so we decided to head back to the hotel because we wanted to book a show to watch.

We got back to the hotel and bought tickets to the American Superstars Show.
Before getting dressed the girlies went for a swim to chill out a bit. It was very loud out in the pool area as they had a D.J playing.

The show was a tribute show that starred Elvis, Brittney Spears, Charlie Daniels, Rod Stewart, and Michael Jackson.
It was really quite good and surprisingly the stand out act was “Charlie Daniels” (Devil went down to Georgia). He was amazing on the fiddle (violin) and Dani and Zav were mesmerised by his playing.
“Elvis” was very entertaining and he has actually won the “World Competition” for Elvis impersonations.
We weren’t allowed to take photos which was a shame.
“Michael” was great as well although his stage makeup was kind of freaky the way it was done. It was funny after the show because all the stars came out so you could meet and have photos with them and “Michael” was ushered around. He he he
“Brittney” and “Rod” weren’t too bad either, although Rod Stewart creeps me out....

On our way back to our room we booked in Stu’s Sky Jump for 2 days time.

Tomorrow we are off to the Grand Canyon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The World's Largest Gift ShopThe World's Largest Gift Shop
The World's Largest Gift Shop

It was funy, cause Danika asked if it really is the biggest and the lady told her that it was.......when it first opened.
Stratosphere big screenStratosphere big screen
Stratosphere big screen

A lot of the hotels on the strip have these massive screens that can be seen from quite far away. This screen wasn'y huge compared to some!


Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb