River Run 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada
May 8th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, May 4, 2008

First Post Laughlin "River Run" April 2008

This is my first ever blog and I would appreciate any and all help from some of you experts out there.
After saying that…. I just want to fill you in on my frequent trips (I love to travel) and latest adventures…. I've been to Scotland three times, the trip over was very comfortable although I forget the airline we took... I'll fill you in on a later post....
I just got back from the Laughlin River Run last Sunday. I left on Wednesday with a couple of close friends “The Morro Bay Dragons” Vic and Gary. We took the usual route using hwy 46 to 41 then on to 58 out to Barstow. It was nice and cool with little traffic all the way to Laughlin. We were passed at least twice by the same group of riders. If you went to the run on that day… we were the “slowpokes” everyone was passing. I found out on my cross country trip last August that slowing down to 55-60 saved me a lot of money on gas and saved my energy (and back) on long rides. My 2002 Heritage Soft tail Classic’s saddle is real comfortable. I had to shake myself alert on the boring ride on I 40 a couple of times. We arrived at Davis campsite with enough time to set up camp before dark.
Davis Campsite (across the river on the Arizona side) is real nice this time of year. Not too cold and not too hot. The hottest it got was 90 but a quick trip to the Nevada side and into the casinos cooled you down real fast.
We took a look at ALL the vendors including the ones in the casinos. It seems like these rallies are set up more and more for the posers. The t shirt junkies were busy as usual. The place was crawling with young people all leathered up and tattooed out (which gave me something to look at. besides all the security and cops) But I didn’t notice many of the regular “bikers” there. Seems like the troubles a couple of years ago has relegated the River Run to the “cops and trailer run”. Just as I seemed to be heading towards a mental meltdown one lone biker placed a card near my table in the Jack Daniel’s booth that told about a biker run into Las Vegas the same time that the river run is going on. And they are going to have a pig roast! Last pig roast I went to was on the old Redwood Run in 1989. Man was that a great ride and a great party!
We met some rowdy people in the campground that kept us up till 4 am. We got a little satisfaction revving up our hawgs about 6 am on the day we left. Vic and I always get up BMT (before morning time) and pack up. We like to beat the traffic.
Well, hope I haven’t bored you but if you have any tales about this ride or others, feel free to post them here! I’ll get back to you after my next ride….. Chappy



Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb