ON THE WAY TO YELLOWSTONE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Wells
July 21st 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

July 21, 2010
We left California this morning at 8:30 and crossed over into Nevada at 8:47 a.m. The first thing over the line was a Casino, of course. Went through Carson Valley which was very pretty and through Reno where we picked up I-80. I-80 basically follows the old California Trail. From 1849 to 1869 the pioneers braved the trail for 2000 miles. It is estimated that 250,000 people crossed to California. I would venture to say the almost that many must be buried out there somewhere. It is a lotta nothin. The dust and the heat would have made me turn back. No way would I have made it as a pioneer woman. I have never seen so many miles and miles of nothing. Not a tree in sight the whole way. And I'm talking almost the whole of Nevada, border to border in the upper north. The couple of pix I've posted is how it was the whole way. We made a stop in Winnemucca for a few supplies. But towns are far and few between. On to Idaho and Wyoming tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



22nd July 2010

Yosemite AND Yellowstone in one trip. Awesome! Kim & Ken were there last year in Sept, I believe it was, & they raced a blizzard to get out of there.
22nd July 2010

bet you didn't max out your camera for this area!!!

Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb