Seeing the USA in our RV


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Sparks
August 19th 2011
Published: August 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Reno is truly the biggest little city as you can get around quickly while covering a lot of territory UNTIL you get off the expressway and then you discover they have the longest traffic lights ever. They also have the highest “room tax” we've discovered (since they affix it to our RV daily rate) 13.5 %. Motto= Soak the tourist since they don't vote! We've enjoyed the people and ability to get things done: RV fixed, car brakes repaired. The last time we were in Nevada we had the pickup truck's brakes repaired. Is it something about the mountains to get here? Today we had a wonderful auto trip around Lake Tahoe, experiencing the tourism flux looking for a parking place and the beauty of picnicking beside this beautiful lake. By mid afternoon we'd returned to the mecca of Reno/Sparks and discovered that our RV part was due in tomorrow. One more evening in a beautiful land and then we proceed south. Last night we enjoyed coupon discounts at a local resort and tonight we ate the “box” remnants. I've also made up at 2 Rotary Club meetings this week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0844s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb