I lost it all at the Eldorado Casino in Reno


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Reno
August 30th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Picked up the hire car and set off on the drive to Reno. Enroute we visited the Lassen Volcanic Park, the scenery was fantastic and once again very different to anything we had so far seen, there was lots of snow about, mountain peaks and high altitudes.

Eventually we got to Reno and found the Eldorado Casino for our 2 night 'holiday' – thanks to Groupon! (£20 for the 2 nights woo hoo!). It seemed like the height of luxury big plush bed, all the trimmings!!

When I say I lost it all in the Eldorado Casino in Reno I actually mean about $7 over the 2 nights, but great fun down to the last few cents and then you win again etc kept us occupied for a good few hours I can tell you. There were plenty of people there who I am sure did indeed loose it all though. There were high stakes poker games going on left right and centre. They had big Texas Hold 'em tournaments taking place but I resisted - ha ha.

We even went in the pool and had a bit of a sunbath – very decadent! However the main feature of this stay and at the risk of completely living up to my Mum’s new blog name for us – The Teesside Eaters! I must tell you about the grub! – All you can eat buffet for $15.99 (£11) and oh my god it was incredible, firstly it also included all your soft drinks too, the dinner part was amazing – bbq ribs as thick as your wrist, slabs of roast beef, ham, turkey then all the Italian, Chinese, Mexican etc etc etc, a salad bar that went on forever but the crowning glory, the piece de resistance was the puddings!!!!!!!!!! And you know me and puddings, it was unbelievable they were all proper puds – not a small bowl of some weird moussey concoction but real slices of chocolate fudge cake, lemon white choc cake about 10 other varieties, strawberries dipped in chocolate, brownies, cookies, things I had never heard of and then about 20 varieties of ice cream with help yourself hot fudge sauce, nuts, m&m, chocolate drops, real strawberries in sauce oh it just went on.

Well on the first night I wasn’t aware of how wonderful the puds were until after the dinner bit, so on night 2 I had a small dinner bit and then ate every pudding I fancied, it was heavenly!!!!!! So we rolled ourselves out of the dining room had a bit of a gamble and staggered back to the room!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb