Arriving in Reno


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Reno
April 23rd 2009
Published: September 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Lake Tahoe Trip Itinerary


Lake Tahoe-April 2009Lake Tahoe-April 2009Lake Tahoe-April 2009

The famous Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe on the California side of the lake.
This trip to Lake Tahoe started in Reno, a rustic city surrounded by spectacular desert.

After landing in Reno, we picked up the rental car and headed south. Our first stop was a scenic overlook with some great desert views. Next, we stopped in Virginia City, an old mining town up in the hills. Virginia City is basically one main drag with many 19th century boom-day buildings, like you see in the movies. There are shops, a mining museum that takes you down the old mine shafts, and some casinos and restaurants. We stroll through the downtown and stop for lunch.

Next, we head down to Carson City, the capitol of Nevada. We visit the Capitol Building, a Victorian structure with a nice, relaxed western flair, before moving on to our destination of South Lake Tahoe, California.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Nevada DesertNevada Desert
Nevada Desert

The desert looking from an overlook point on the way to Virginia City.
Virginia CityVirginia City
Virginia City

Entering the old mining town of Virginia City, Nevada. The town has a number of shops and restaurants, museums, and casinos playing on the old mining town theme.
Desert MountainsDesert Mountains
Desert Mountains

Glorious mountains and clear sky in Nevada.
Nevada State CapitolNevada State Capitol
Nevada State Capitol

This is the lovely capitol building in Carson City.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb