Last Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 2nd 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Don't try this in Las Vegas.Don't try this in Las Vegas.Don't try this in Las Vegas.

On Main Street in Pioche you just walk when the cars stop coming.
Geo: 36.0846, -115.172

Awoke at the Overland in Pioche, got breakfast, and did a little over an hour walk around the town then hit the road for Las Vegas and the Motel 6. Got here around 2:00 and were able to check in. Walked down the strip and back. My plan was to walk and see the sights. However, when you walk with Anne, it's mostly for exercise - now matter where or why you are walking, I have now refueled the car and we are ready to take off for the airport around 5:00 AM.

Will post a few pictures on this last day from both Poche and LV. May just add one more page after we get home with a bunch of pictures that I haven't posted elsewhere.

Looking forward to getting home. It's been nice but there really is no place like home.

Lee



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The OverlandThe Overland
The Overland

Our hotel/saloon in Pioche. If you look closely you can see Anne in the window of our room on the far left.
Tramway signTramway sign
Tramway sign

Here are some pictures of the town from our walk this AM. This sign explains a bit about the tram in the next picture.
Tram & Treasure HillTram & Treasure Hill
Tram & Treasure Hill

The starting point of the tram with Treasure Hill behind. Treasure Hill is where most of the silver ore was mined.
Mine entranceMine entrance
Mine entrance

You would not believe the number of these abandoned mine entrances that we saw walking around the town. We must have seen at least a dozen and I'm sure there were more.
Our RoomOur Room
Our Room

Anne embracing the Native American in our room. The room was huge, really a suite with two rooms with two TVs, WiFi, Fridge, coffee maker, etc. Nice place.
Relatives ??Relatives ??
Relatives ??

Perhaps the Conners have some distant relatives in Pioche.
First picture from Las VegasFirst picture from Las Vegas
First picture from Las Vegas

From the second story of Motel 6. Across I-15 from the high rent district.
Fountain ShowFountain Show
Fountain Show

Free fountain show outsid the Bellagio hotel/casino
Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

This one is for LeeAnne
Harley DavidsonHarley Davidson
Harley Davidson

This one is for David
Sign of the timesSign of the times
Sign of the times

Another for David.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb