Day 20 - Las Vegas - Pool time, Pokies, Wholefoods, Outlets, Fremont Street


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 14th 2014
Published: June 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a sleep in; the beds in this hotel were fantastic. Eventually we got up, went downstairs and found a little place in the hotel to get some breakfast. We finished that then made our way out to check out the four pools. We eventually got 3 banana lounges together and stayed there for ages. Sunbaking then getting in the pool and repeating this process; it was amazing to have the downtime. Eventually though, we had enough sun and headed inside. Marnee went up to the room and Nick and I thought we’d try our luck at the pokies in the lobby. I gravitated toward The Walking Dead themed ones. We did pretty well. Nick walked away with $50.53 and I scored $36.30. We then headed back to the room, got changed and headed on the bus up to the outlets at the southern end of the strip. We stopped off on the way to get some lunch at a place called Wholefoods. They sell some of the most amazing fresh foods and it was set up kind of like the inside of Eataly with the different areas for different cuisines.
From there we jumped back on the bus to the outlets. We weren’t in there for long before Marnee and I lost Nick so we just continued at our own pace looking through the shops getting some bargain.
Hours later we decided we’d shopped enough and jumped back on the bus to the hotel.
Nick was there when we got back and we compared our bargains. Slowly we got showered and ready and jumped on the bus to Fremont Street.
Fremont Street is always cool to visit, with the old style neon signs, people everywhere and amazing 6 minute Viva Vision Light Show that is played on the huge LED canopy. Viva Vision's projection surface is currently the largest screen in the world, spanning 1,500 feet in length (that's the size of five football fields). Viva Vision shows include: "A Tribute to Queen," "KISS Over Vegas," and "Bon Jovi's Cosmic Concert". The average daily attendance at the Fremont Street Experience is more than 25,000 and the show is displayed on the hour, every hour between dusk and 1:00am.
We sat at an outside bar having a drink until the first show (The Doors) so Nick could see it, he was pretty impressed. We then ventured into a bar called Mermaids where we made friends with one of the bar girls and kept getting free drink after free drink (well, for a $1 tip for each one) while playing the pokies. We stayed here for a while until we’d had enough drinks and bought some food before heading down Fremont Street to catch a cab back to the hotel. Once at the hotel, Nick and I tried the pokies again, this time I walked away with $40.60 before heading up to our rooms for some sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb