Viva Las Vegas - Party rocking, pool parties and clubbing till we dropped


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 18th 2011
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a great few days in San Francisco, it was time to board our flight to Las Vegas, where we were meeting up with both of Scott’s brothers and their girlfriends for 3 days of partying. Vic’s visit was a surprise to them, they all thought she was at home in London while Scott was working in San Fran and then visiting Vegas on his own for a few days! But as the the girls had been asking her to please come to Vegas for months we knew they would be happily surprised.

We landed about 11am after the short flight and got a cab from the airport to the strip where we had splashed out and were staying at the new Cosmopolitan hotel, located centre strip between the Bellagio and Aria. There is nothing like seeing that strip as you approach it in a cab, and after not being able to go the year before, it was such a good feeling to be back in Vegas!

The Cosmo hotel was amazing and as soon as we walked through the imposing lobby we knew we would love it. We had just booked a standard room so were thrilled when upon check in we were upgraded to a terrace room on the 60-something floor with a view over the Bellagio fountains and the whole strip, bonus! The room was huge and amazing, with a big bathroom including a bath & shower, a lounge and kitchen area and a big bed area. The terrace/balcony was a really nice touch, especially with the view, with the Cosmo being the only hotel on the strip with this feature.

As it was only lunch time we decided to quickly have a look around the hotel, which was every bit as opulent and luxurious as we had expected, and headed out to the pool/s to catch some sun before everyone’s arrival later that afternoon. We laid by the Marquee day club pool for the rest of the day which had a great atmosphere and good cocktails, before heading back up to our room (via a quick go on the Blackjack table) to get ready for that evening.

Scott got a call from his brother to say they had checked in and were on their way to their rooms - one of them had been upgraded to a wrap-around terrace suite on the top floor which was bigger than our flat back home, and would have cost $3,000 a night so he was over the moon, especially as it was his first time to Vegas. We still had a better view from our balcony though 😉 Scott arranged for the 4 of them to come for a drink on our terrace later that evening with them still thinking he was on his own.

The evening came around quickly and when there was a knock on the door Scott answered it while Vic went and sat outside on the balcony where they couldn’t see her. As they all came out to the terrace, she said ‘surprise’ and the look on the girl’s faces was priceless! They were really happy that she was there and we all had drinks on our balcony overlooking the lit up strip and watching the famous fountains! We then decided to get a limo in true Vegas style to the Palms where we had arranged to go to the top floor Ghost bar which has amazing views over the whole strip and beyond, before going into Rain/Moon nightclub to end a brilliant first night in Sin city.

Over the next 2 days we went to Marquee dayclub again (as we were guests of the hotel we got free entry) and had a great day at the Wet Republic pool party at the MGM, had way to many frozen cocktails, cruised the strip checking out all the big hotels, won and lost on the Blackjack tables, gorged on American style food, did some shopping and went to Marquee nightclub, as well as enjoyed a dinner on our last night in a great Italian in the Venetian and one of the best buffet’s we have ever been to called the Wicked Spoon in the Cosmo – gotta love Vegas buffets!We also found a ‘hidden’ pizza parlour in the Cosmo which we frequented in the early hours after our nights out!

Needless to say we made the most of our time in Vegas, a city we both love and feel a need to go back to every year or two since we were introduced to it by Vic’s dad in 2007 for her 21st, and we were gutted when the time came to go home, especially as the others had another 5 days there. Although an upgrade on the flight made it a tiny bit easier!

Vegas – we will be back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb