Las Vegas - Nevada - USA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
March 16th 2012
Published: March 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

If you're staying in Los Angeles or visiting the Gran Canyon - both 5 to 6-hour driving - you must visit Las Vegas...



You can do it in one day if you have already booked full stay in LA - like I did - or just to avoid paying expensive hotels in Las Vegas.



We rented a car to hang around in LA and ended up deciding to go to Vegas almost a day before... We woke up early - around 7 AM...perhaps 8... - and took the quiet long Mojave Desert 5-hour journey to Vegas.



There's not much to do in Vegas during day time besides casino gambling and sightseeing - this last activity is worth a while - we were 7 days in LA and only 1 in Vegas and a quarter of the pictures taken were in Las Vegas.



From the Eiffel Tower to the Statue of Liberty, famous and luxurious casinos like the Egyptian Luxor or The Caesers Palace and the inumerous amount of scenarios from the Ocean's saga and the Hangover movies.

We played a couple bucks in almost all the casinos - at least the main ones - The Bellagio, The Caesers Palace, The Luxor, New York New York, The Mirage and the Hooters. The three big one's (shown and robbed in the movies - Bellagio, Mirage and Caesers) are also hotels and have small cities inside - shops, gambling rooms (public and private), pool area with huge gardens, sports betting rooms, restaurants and even a boat and Pussycat Doll's gambling area... everything you can imagine...

You must taste the giant Margheritas - alchool free option if you're driving - and visit the M&M's world and the Harley Davidson store.

We ended up having a pizza for dinner at the Caesers Palace - the biggest available (more than enough for both of us) was around 18$ - watching the NCAA finals between Duke VS Butler (wich Duke won!!)...sweet...

We left Las Vegas around 1AM and arrived LA a couple hours latter (not able to mention due to legal issues...). It seemed a longer journey than the first one because we were tired and the road is boring, but everything went well at the end...

Cheers!
JM


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb