Day 17: LA - Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 15th 2012
Published: January 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 17, Contiki Day 1, La-Las Vegas

Vegas baby! Bags to coach at 7.30am. Once we were on our way, Kelly (our tour manager) took us through all the rules and regulations of the tour and just general housekeeping stuff. After our first rest stop, Kelly got one of the girls from the tour up the front and blindfolded her. From there, Kelly selected 3 guys to go up the front to play Contiki Love Match. It was a great game and a nice way to distract us from the drive.

By 1pm we had arrived in Vegas. It really is an amazing place. Since we had 3 hours before check-in, I headed to Stratosphere to do the rides there. Only Insanity and X-shot were running today, but that was enough for me. This was the first time I have been genuinely scared by a ride. Both rides hang you over the edge of the tower in various ways. It was way too high for my liking.

After that I went to New York New York to do the Manhattan Express Coaster. This was unbelievably good; I’d go close so saying it is my favourite rollercoaster (apart from the Corkscrew of course).

We had to meet back at the hotel at 4pm for check-in. I am rooming with Tom, who seems to be a nice guy, but I guess I’ll know for sure after 26 days. Tonight we are all going out for dinner, followed by a night tour of the city and the Fremont Experience. Then we are hitting the nightclubs at the Palms Casino. Should be a good night.

On the way to Fremont Street Experience, we pulled over since Kelly, our tour manager pretended to be sick. It was just a way of getting us out of the bus and into our surprise activity, an Elvis hosted wedding. The winning couple from the bus love match game (Danika and Josh) got up and got married (not really) but it was really fun.

Fremont Street Experience was really cool. It is an overhead tv screen that every hour plays a different show. We saw a Queen themed show, which I loved being a huge Queen fan.

So anyway, we did hit up the clubs and it was great, the view from the Moon Bar was fantastic, it was definitely better than the view from Stratosphere. After a few too many drinks, the night gets a bit hazy, but I don know that I lost my wallet/had it stolen. No big deal, only lost a bit of money and a credit card, which was cancelled very quickly.

(Once again, photos will come when I have fast enough internet)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb