New Years in Las Vegas


Advertisement
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 26th 2008
Published: December 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tamara and Rosanna had always wanted to spend New Years Eve in Las Vegas. Will saw no reason to go since he wasn't 21. I am always ready to go anywhere. The girls finally convinced Linda to go, since Will could take care of the animals. So the day after Christmas, which we always celebrate at home with the whole family, we hit the road. 26 December 2008 Friday. With winter days being so shor... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




23rd December 2011

Thanks a lot for this great entry and Merry Christmas!
We plan to do most of the big parks out of Las Vegas in just over a year. Plan is to have New Year Eve in Las Vegas and than hit the road. I was really wondering if we need to be worry of the snow to drive around and between the parks. Our plan is to finish by few days skiing around Salt Lake City. Do you think we should expect snow every year around early January? We will for sure take a little longer than you to drive around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all your family from our little family. No snow for us this year as we are in Fiji.
23rd December 2011

Merry Christmas
Certainly no snow in Fiji. We plan to visit Fiji next October on our cruise from Honolulu to Sydney, Australia. So we are very interested in reading about your time there. As for snow conditions between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, you shouldn't have any problems unless there is a snow storm at the time you choose to drive, which can happen as you get into Utah. The state highway department clears the roads, especially interstate highways, very quickly during and after a snow storm. On our trip the only road that were still icy and slippery was I-70 between Vail and Grand Junction in Colorado, but if you are going to the ski resorts near Salt lake City, you shouldn't have a problem.
23rd December 2011

And a Happy New Year
I forgot to add that my son Will will be arriving in Bangkok on January 2 to learn to teach English as a second language, and then teach until at least June. I like Bangkok but loved living in Chiang Mai more. Anyhway, have both a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
23rd December 2011

Hi Bob and Linda
We are in the San Francisco airport heading to Ohio for the holidays. Certainly enjoyed hearing about your trip to Vegas and the Canyons. Glad the animals were safe at home with Will. Happy Holidays
23rd December 2011

Merry Christmas
Have a great time in Ohio. However, we still expect you to drive there in the summer and stop by here on the way there or back!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb