Day 23 - Downtown Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 4th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today, I was supposed to go to the Grand Canyon. I was at my pick-up point at 7:30, but it looks like I was meant to be picked up at 5:45. My voucher did, however, say 7:30.

As you could imagine, I was not very pleased. But they did offer to reschedule me for tomorrow, at no extra cost. They told me to be sure to be at the pick-up location by 5:45am.

So I had another day in Vegas to myself. I decided to check out Downtown, in the opposite direction of the Strip from my hostel. The main street up here is called the Fremont Street Experience.

It was a well decorated street, lined with plenty of gift shops and casinos. I tried my luck again, but didn't win. Or at least, I didn't quit while I was ahead. Didn't lose too much though, and that's the important thing. Many people who come to Vegas rich, leave Vegas poor.

There was an interesting zip line going through the street that's used for fun. It sure looked fun!

I later headed back to my hostel and relaxed. I had dinner at Albo's Pizza, ordering some nice fettuccine marinara. It filled me up alright!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb