Viva Las Vegas!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 1st 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

At the bottom of the Grand CanyonAt the bottom of the Grand CanyonAt the bottom of the Grand Canyon

Note the snow on the hill top
Hit the highway to Vegas Tuesday morning... so weird driving on the right ... about a 4 hour drive but seemed longer because its just a straight line through the desert, loads of traffic all the way in to and out of Vegas. Found the "Las Vegas Hilton" without too much trouble. Vegas is a lot bigger than I imagined, about 2 million people live here. Booked in, 28th floor, nice room and nice view over the strip.

The Hilton has its own Monorail stop, very handy, so its been easy to make our way around town and along the strip, where its just amazing going to Paris, New York, Venice and just about anywhere, Casinos that are huge and have their own theme. The Flamingo has real flamingos, Paris is built around and under the Eiffel tower, inside there are cobbled stone streets and the roof painted like its the sky, it really feels like you are outside walking down a Parisian alley.

Weather has been quite cold and woke up yesterday to see snow on the mountain tops surrounding Las Vegas. Drove to Boulder City about 30 minutes away to meet our helicopter to fly over and down in to the Grand Canyon. Fan-Bloody-Tastic, very rarely it snows in and around the Canyon, so it was quite spectacular. Col & I were up front with the pilot, 4 lovely girls from Brazil were in the back. We landed at the bottom next to the Colorado River in the west rim area of the canyon for a picnic lunch.

So many shows so little time..... we have been to see "Cirque Du Soleil - Viva Elvis" and "Jubilee" a glitsy showbiz dance show celebrating times through the years with over one hundred showgirls, feathers and all. Great show. We are heading out to a comedy club tonight, then join big celebrations with thousands of people who were out this afternoon getting ready for New Years Eve. Apparently 320,000 visitors are in Vegas this year.

New Years has already happened in Australia so we wish everyone a happy new year!!!

Unfortunately Col's international roaming mobile does not work here in Vegas so have not been able to send or receive texts.

Until next time....

Glenda and Col

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb