Vegas....Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 10th 2010
Published: October 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

CaboWaboCaboWaboCaboWabo

View from place we ate dinner...can see the Bellagio fountains going off
DAY 9
Had a massive sleep in today, but did wake up to the sounds of Scott vomiting after all the drinks last night. Hahaha...at least he can say he had his big night in Vegas. Got up at midday, strolled across to Bellagio to get tickets for O, only to discover it wasn’t on Sunday night. So came back to hotel, grabbed a sandwich for lunch and checked out online what shows were available. Everything we wanted to see wasn’t’ on Sunday night, so ended up booking tickets for KA at the MGM. Scott had a sleep and I went for a swim in the pool. Was nice just lounging around in the sun and going for a quick dip. Nice change of pace from the past 8 days where we have not stopped. Going to have fairly low key night tonight¸ so tomorrow we can really do everything that we still want to do, before leaving pretty early Monday morning for Grand Canyon.
Headed out to MGM at about 5 to pick up our tickets for Cirque du Soleil KA, grabbed Ben and Jerry’s on the way....it was so yummy....but so filling. The streets were just so packed on
Cabo WaboCabo WaboCabo Wabo

Scott in front of the fountains
the walk down to MGM....crazy.... Once got to MGM picked up our tickets and played a few slots before heading into the theatre. The show was just AMAZING......the stage and theatre was set up so well, and they had sort of preshow entertainment, with the “tribal people” jumping off all these platforms off to the side and walking up and down the aisles and on the banisters. The show was just great, the sets were huge and had so many revolving floors and stages......some that were vertical, all of them spun.....just hard to imagine how you’d go about putting something like that together. Definitely would recommend to anyone. Couldn’t take any photos...and the gift shop was too packed so if you wanna check it out...go to the Cirque Du Soleil website. After the show, we headed back to our hotel to grab dinner at Mexican place. The view was really good as we sat on the patio right in front of the Bellagio fountain...and got to watch it go off every ½ hour. I had nachos and Scott had a burrito, we washed it down with some yummy margaritas. The best bit was we got asked for ID...woohooooo.....Walked around the miracle mile shops and put $5 into the slots before heading up to our room. Just been updating the blog and watching some late night US TV...even though its Sat night over here and we should be out partying...got a big day tomorrow, we are gonna go shoot some guns at the gun store, so don’t really wanna be hungover. About to go to bed....won’t be a blog for awhile now as not sure when we get internet again. Off to Grand Canyon on Monday, then Monument Valley on Thursday, then begin the drive down to see Colin and Shona in Houston...yay!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Fountain inside our hotelFountain inside our hotel
Fountain inside our hotel

which is right outside stripper 101 where you can learn to be a stripper...hahah


11th October 2010

Party on!!!
With the giant looking plates of food and the margharettas it's just as well you lost all that weight before leaving!!!! The hike into the Grand Canyon might fix that. Don't forget the food and water don't want to be watching your "death" video like Glenn (he he!!!) Never ceases to amaze me how far over the top America is. Luv ya Mum

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb