Day 16 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Las Vegas and we didn’t get up to an awful lot as we are up for a big drive to San Francisco tomorrow. We did a bit of souvenir shopping and the girls had a swim. There was also the dreaded packing to do too.
We decided to book in and have dinner at the Top of the World restaurant in our hotel. It was on the 106th floor and was a bit fancy. The floor rotated 360 degrees every 80 mins so we got a fantastic view the whole time.
We dined on a seared tuna salad for entree. For main Stu had an alfredo homemade pasta with lobster, prawns and scallops. I had salmon and the girls had potato and ricotta gnocci and potato gratin. The meal was very nice but you were definently paying for the views.
Now was the time for Stu to do his Sky Jump. He was rather nervous and had the dry horrors and a red face. He suited up and went up the 108th floor where he took his jump. The fall is over 260 metres and lasts a whopping 17 seconds. He was really pumped and excited when it was all over. I also better add that this jump has no effect on where Stu broke his back. The pressure is away from the back and you actually go down suspended by 2 wires. He loved it.
Up to bed for our next adventure.....



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb